Gregg Swanson is a leading mental, physical, emotional and spiritual strength expert. Gregg specializes in driven individuals including, executives, business owners, solopreneurs, health and fitness experts and sales professionals.
Gregg has developed a unique and powerful approach to his mental strength training by aligning a person’s body, mind and spirit so that they can live a life of power, purpose and passion. He has authored several books and over 300 articles on the subjects of mental, physical, emotional and spiritual strength.
When faced with a challenging decision Gregg’s job is to ask:
• “Are you prepared to make a choice?”
• “Once the choice is made, are you courageous enough to start?”
• “Will you commit to finishing what you start?”
Throughout his life, Gregg has studied and been exposed to a wide diversity of teachings and teachers – from his business education at university and the schools of the corporate world, to extreme sports, martial arts, mountaineering and rock climbing, to the ancient teachings of the Mystery Schools.
Armed with this comprehensive and diverse background in personal development, along with his successful experience in sales, extreme sports and mental training, Gregg boasts a unique and powerful ability to blend the physical conditioning, mental strength, emotional mastery and spiritual development into a usable and easy-to-access process for achieving peak personal performance in life and business.
The defining moment in Gregg’s life came in June of 1998 when he survived a horrific avalanche while descending from the top of Mt. Rainier. It was then that he understood the true power of mind strength and aligning the body, mind and spirit.
Gregg owns Warrior Mind Coaching. His high quality, high content and high energy programs are thoroughly researched and delivered in a unique, powerful and straight forward manner.
Education and Certifications Include:
• BS in Business & Management
• Professional Personal Coach
• Mental Skills Coach
• Life Strategies Coach
• Lifestyle Fitness Coach
• Personal Fitness Trainer
• Combine 360 Certified Trainer
• MMA Strength and Conditioning Coach
• Clinical Hypnotherapist
• Sports Hypnotist
• NLP Practitioner
• Time Empowerment™ Practitioner
“Every facet, every department of your mind, is to be programmed by you. And unless you assume your rightful responsibility, and begin to program your own mind, the world will program it for you.” -Jack Kornfield
– We must take control of our thinking to take back control of our mind. Warrior thinking takes responsibility and victim thinking blames external circumstances or others.
– Transformation happens in the darkness, growth happens in the light.
– Gregg trained for months prior to making the climb in June 1998 of Mt. Rainier.
– During the training at Mt Rainier, they ascended to the summit and took pictures for hours. The snow got slushy.
– On their descent, the snow was really wet and as the team traversed near Disappointment Cleaver, Gregg was snapping into the rope with the trainer. Soon after, he took 10 steps and he heard an avalanche of wet, rock hard snow coming down. The snow swept him and some others away, down the mountain. As Gregg slid, he tried to determine how he was going to survive. He kept sliding towards the cliff.
– He came to an abrupt stop, with only the trainer holding the rope as his hand was crushed.
– Another team saw what happened and went to get rescuers. Gregg and his group waited for hours. Little did Gregg know that he had a torn PCL.
– Once rescuers were contacted and arrived. Gregg and his group had to walk a mile to the rescue helicopter, all suffering from dehydration and hypothermia. They made it except one person who died from hypothermia.
From LA Times: Area Alvanche Survivor Begins Healing Process
From Seattle Times: For Survivors, Fatal Avalanche On Mount Rainier Won’t Go Away — `Something Has Changed In Me’
“Once we go through the physical, the next layer is the mental, then the emotional. When we just use those aspects up, the spiritual one is the last one. That’s our purpose. That’s our reason why we are alive, why we are here. And that’s the one that will keep you going further than any of the other ones.” – Gregg Swanson
– The physical, the mental, the emotional and the spiritual are important parts to the warrior mind training.
1. Challenge. How you see a challenge is important to whether or not you’re going to succeed. Do you see it as an obstacle or as an opportunity? Shift your perspective.
2. Commitment. Set goals. When you have goals, see them through. Know that it takes commitment to ensure success in any endeavor you engage in. Go all in.
3. Confidence. Self-confidence is needed to reach success in your goals. Look at your past wins and your skills as a way to enhance your confidence towards a new endeavor.
4. Control. Build the control of our emotions around it.
“We can create dis-empowering stories or we can create empowering stories over any event we have. It’s up to us on how we want to frame it.” – Gregg Swanson